There are so many different ways to prepare potatoes. But this recipe by Sam's Scranz on Instagram is simply to die for! People are commenting that they rather eat the potatoes than the main course, they are that good! Judge for yourself by trying the recipe.
- Potatoes russets or maris pipers
- Beef Dripping
- Garlic, crushed
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Oil or butter
- Parboil chopped potatoes in a salted sauce pan for 5-7 mins.
- Drain and fluff in the colander by shaking vigorously.
- Apply to a preheated baking tray with beef dripping, crushed garlic & rosemary (the beef dripping should be sizzling when applying the potatoes).
- Once potatoes are on tray, season with salt, pepper, onion & garlic powered.
- Bake in oven on a high heat for around 50 minutes while turning regularly.
- When they look very close to the desired golden brown colour, finish them off in a frying pan with a little oil or butter on a medium high heat for 4-7 minutes. Enjoy!
The beef dripping is similar to lard - an alternative you also could use in this recipe. It could be easier to find in stores! Either way, will you try this recipe at home?
Source: Daily Star · Photo Credit: sams_scranz/Instagram