Who doesn't like pasta? Love it, even? And many of us love to accompany them with a good garlic bread.
This is the kind of meal that the whole family enjoys, from the youngest to the oldest!
Even an adult, one can find it hard to resist stacking spaghetti bolognese on crusty bread. So why not make sure the bites are already ready like this?
Here's how to do it! You won't want to eat spaghetti the classic way anymore!
- 16 ounces (454 g) Italian bread or baguette
- 16 ounces (454 g) garlic butter (or butter and garlic powder)
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 1 pound (454 g) chopped sausage
- 16 ounces (454 mL) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces (177 mL) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 7 ounces (207 g) uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Parmesan cheese, halved
- 2/3 cup (85 g) mozzarella, halved
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 ° F (180 ° C)
2. In a large pot, boil water and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
3. Remove from heat and drain.
4. While the pasta cooks, brown the beef and sausages in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add in the onion.
5. Once the meat is brown, drain off any excess fat and return it to the pan.
6. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Simmer for 5-8 minutes and add the cooked pasta.
8. Mix well again and remove from heat.
9. While the meat sauce is simmering, cut the Italian bread in half with a bread knife.
10. Cut the middle of each half of the bread.
11. Remove from the inside to create a large hollow in each half.
12. Brush inside and sides with butter.
13. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Toast in the oven.
13. Once the bread is toasted, place the spaghetti and meat sauce in the hollow of each half of the bread, filling the hollows completely. (There will be spaghetti and meat sauce left).
14. Top each half of the bread with the cheese.
15. Bake at 375 °F (180 °C) for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
16. Remove from oven and cut gently with a bread knife. Serve while hot. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below.
You will have extra meat sauce. You can freeze it all for a serving of spaghetti to eat later or make a third garlic bread boat using half of another Italian bread.