This bacon and spinach dip recipe is perfect to entertain guests - everyone will love it!
It’s a great classic, but maybe you haven’t tried it just yet?
It is really easy to prepare and so delicious!
- 1 large white or multigrain sourdough round loaf of approximately 450g
- 5 oz (150 g) finely chopped bacon slices
- 1 large bunch of English spinach (350 g), trimmed, washed and finely chopped
- 3 green onions cut into thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200 g (7 oz) Greek feta, crumbled
- 300 ml (10 oz) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- cucumbers and carrots, or other raw vegetables, cut into matches, for serving
- tortilla chips, to serve
- With a serrated knife, cut the upper quarter of the bread to create a lid.
- Remove the inside of the bread, leaving a shell about 2 cm thick.
- Tear the inside of bread and the lid into large pieces and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes, or until the pieces of bread are golden and crisp.
- To make the dip, heat a large oiled nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the bacon.
- Stir the bacon for about 5 minutes, or until its lightly golden. Drain by putting on paper towels.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the spinach, onions and garlic.
- Stir for about 1 minute or until the spinach is softened. Drain off excess liquid and transfer to a large bowl. Add the bacon and let cool.
- Mix the two cheeses, sour cream and lemon juice in a food processor until you get a smooth consistency. Add the dill.
- Just before serving, pour the mixture into the bread. Serve with the croutons bread, raw vegetables and tortillas.
- Enjoy your meal!
(Don't forget to eat the bowl!)