We have all heard and tasted pumpkin pie, apple pie and even chocolate pie but what about bacon pie? Would you dare to try a pie that is a perfect mixture of sweet and salty? Try something new! This bacon-apple pie from Delish will really stand out at any family gathering!
- 1 package pie crust (store-bought or you can make your own)
- 3 lb. apples peeled, cored, and cut into small wedges (Granny Smith recommended)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 10 pieces bacon (partially cooked)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F and grease a pie pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
- Lay the pie crust into the pie pan and crimp the edges. Pour the apples mixture into pie crust and top with bacon doing a lattice design. You can trim the edges if the bacon is too long and extends past the pie crust.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar on top of the bacon lattice and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove aluminum foil and bake another 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe in the video below
Is this something you would try? What is your favourite pie?