Here's an easy recipe that will delight kids and adults alike during the holidays. A nice way to eat fruit between two portions of meat pie or Christmas log!
And, since they are so cute, they will fit your festive table perfectly!
A 16 ounce (454g) packet of fresh, washed strawberries
8 ounces (226 g) cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons (75 g) powdered sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1. On a cutting board, slice the strawberry stalks off, leaving a flat base.
2. Make a cut about 1/3 away from the tip of each strawberry (to make the "hats").
3. In a bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. (The mixture will be thick).
4. Place the cheese mixture in a Ziploc type bag with one corner cut off (or a pastry bag).
5. Cover the strawberry base with the cheese mixture, add strawberry "hats" and squeeze some additional mixture over the hats.
6. Add the "buttons" on the front by dipping a toothpick into the cheese cake mix.
7. Use chocolate chips or candies to make Santa's eyes.
8. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Your guests will eat them up in one bite!
Here is a video to guide you: