Muffins usually have an insane amount of calories, but these are the delicious exception you've been waiting for! A perfect recipe for a treat, without feeling guilty. A good low sugar snack for kids too.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F and butter a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, maple syrup, egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix.
- Divide the dough in the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 ° F, then lower the temperature to 375 ° F and continue baking for another 12 minutes.
- Check the center of the muffins with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they are cooked. Otherwise, continue cooking for only one or two minutes at a time.
Source: wooloo · Photo Credit: Istock