Fresh bread and butter is probably the best snack ever. Making homemade bread can be quite tedious and rather long. But with this recipe from Recipe Lion, it's never been easier to make your own bread! All you need is a Zip-top bag! Follow the instructions below and enjoy some fresh homemade bread.
- 5 cups bread flour (additional 2 tablespoons for kneading)
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast (do not use regular yeast)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Start by placing two cups of flour in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Then, add the yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well by shaking the bag.
- Heat the water in the microwave for 1 minute or the stove, until it reached 120 degrees F. Add the warm water and butter to the bag and seal the top. Knead the bread in the bag using your hands until you see that the butter is well incorporated. Add 2 more cups of flour and again knead with your hands. Add the last 1 cup of flour and knead again until the dough comes together and don't longer sticks to the sides of the bag.
- On a clean work surface sprinkle a cup of flour and remove the dough from the bag. Knead the bread 15 -20 times until you feel that the dough is smooth. Spray the top of the dough with cooking spray and cover with a plastic wrap, and let it sit for 10 minutes (until it is puffy). Then, remove the plastic and punch down the dough.
- If you wish to make bread loaves: Spray cooking oil on two 9 x 4 loaf pans and divide the dough into two portions. Roll the dough using your hands or a rolling pin into a square about 9 x 9 inches. Crate a log by rolling the dough very tightly and pinch the ends to seal and place into prepared pans, seam side down. Repeat this process with the second portion.
- If you wish to make dinner rolls: Spray cooking oil on two 8 x 8 bake pans and divide the dough into two portions. Loosely roll each portion into a 2-inch wide log and divide it into 12 equal size pieces. Create smooth balls by rolling each piece with the palms of your hands. Pinch the edges underneath and place the balls in the pan. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap which has been sprayed with cooking spray and allow the dough to rise once again in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Bake loaves for 30-35 minutes,
Bake dinner rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
The bread should reach 200 degrees F with an internal read thermometer. Let cool on cooling racks.
Will you be trying it at home?