Looking for frozen treats to give your dog this summer? Professional chef Gemma Stafford of "Bold Bakers" has 3 recipes for you. They have all been approved by Waffles, her adorable dog!
Here are treats that contain ingredients that are safe for dogs. However, you know your dog best! Pick one or all the recipes below, depending on your best friend taste!
1. Peanut Butter & Banana
- One banane
- 1/4 cup (65 gr) unsalted peanut butter (xylitol free)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain yogurt (unsweetened)
- With a fork, mash the banana.
- Add in all the other ingredients and combine.
- Pour the mixture in an ice tray (you can even find ones that are shaped like bones!)
- Place in the freezer for about 24 hours.
Dogs love peanut butter. Bananas provide them with potassium and yogurt with probiotics.
- 1/2 cup (125 gr) strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup (125 gr) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened plain yogurt.
- Place strawberries in the mold to fill about a third.
- Repeat this step with blueberries.
- Add the yogurt on top of the berries.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
Strawberries will provide good vitamins for your doggie. Blueberries contain antioxidants and yogurt, again, probiotics.
3. Chicken & Raspberry
- 1/2 cup (125 gr) raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted chicken broth
- In a bowl, mash the raspberries and then incorporate the chicken broth.
- Mix the two ingredients and pour them into the ice cube mold.
- Freeze for a minimum of 5 hours, or ideally 24 hours.
Raspberries also contain antioxidants and chicken broth will please the carnivorous side of your dog. Note that this recipe is also suitable for cats.
You can watch the steps in the following video AND meet Waffles, the inspiration for these recipes:
Now that you know how to refresh your four-legged friend healthily, all you have to do is organize a tasting for them! You can keep these treats for up to 3 months in the freezer.
There are several interesting molds everywhere on the market to make your treats, we particularly like this one!