Many people buy expensive electronic toys or the latest fashionable gadgets for their kids birthday. The child will play with it for a few hours or a few days and it's often forgotten after that! But a dad had an amazing idea for his daughter's third birthday, he created a DIY Volkswagen shaped bunk bed!
He took old parts of a ladybug and with the image of the famous Volkswagen bus in mind, he was set to work to offer his daughter the most bohemian of the bunk beds.
However, the father decided he wasn't going to break the bank! For the bunk bed, he found a base on Craiglist and the rest were parts that were in the already in his garage.
The only big expense of this DIY was the painting! That proves that even with small things you can achieve big! If you want to try to recreate his masterpiece at home here are pictures of his hard work! Wait until you see the final result, WOW!
1. The bunk bed base on which he put a wooden frame. How it's all started!
2. He then added more wooden frames, bolted to the lower frame and mounted on the posts of the bunk bed with U-bolts.
3. Here is the "body", the windows and the doors of the Volkswagen van.
4. To make it look even more realistic, he found some small wheels with the Volkswagen logo!
5. The small dashboard with a steering wheel recovered from a mini-car made for children.
6. To achieve a perfect painting job, he made sure to use masking tape.
7. ... for a perfect final result!
8. But don't forget the headlights to see at night! Really cool!
9. Now time to work on the interior.
10. A small pouch for his daughter's things and toys. Smart!
11. Don't forget the famous Volkswagen logo!
12. And here is the van ready to go on an adventure!
13. The interior is really impressive!
14. Here is the final result in the bedroom.
What do you think? Would you like one for your child or even yourself? It's really cool!