Summer is definitely the best season to enjoy ice cream and popsicles! But that doesn't mean that we can't treat ourselves with delicious cookies! Try this perfect creamsicle orange cookie recipe this summer by Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, it will become a family favourite!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 box orange cake mix (your favourite brand)
- orange food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, orange extract, cream cheese, and egg until smooth using an electric mixer. Then add in the cake mix and mix well. At this point you can add orange food coloring if you want the cookie dough to have a nice orange color.
- Add the white chocolate chips and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Form 24 balls with the dough and roll each in the powdered sugar. Place them on the prepared lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 12-13 minutes. Leave the cookies on the sheet to let cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!