It is finally summer, yay! But are you already sick of BBQ and sandwiches? This delicious chicken pasta recipe by Delish is the perfect summer dish!
- 1 lb. penne (or your favourite pasta)
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb. chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 c. half and half cream (or whole milk)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives (halved)
- 1 cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 c. fresh dill (chopped)
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- Start by cooking the penne in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook according to package instructions.
- In the same time, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering add the seasoned (salt, pepper and oregano) chicken and cook until fully cooked and golden, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Add a bit more oil if you skillet is dry then stir in garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant for about 1 minute. Then, add in the half and half, cream cheese, and crumbled feta. Cook until the cheeses have melted while occasionally stirring. Add in lemon juice and lemon zest then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumber and dill and toss until combined.
- You can add some fresh parsley to garnish. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below.
Do you eat lots of pasta in the summer? What is your favourite summer dish?