Looking for a "lazy dinner" idea? This one is perfect for busy week nights or lazy Sundays! It gives four portions which should be enough to feed the whole family, you can always double the recipe!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 can cream of celery or mushroom
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 2 chopped onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a baking dish, evenly spread the uncooked rice.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice.
- Combine cream of celery, onion soup packet, salt and pepper, then add just a little water or milk.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the chicken and rice.
- Add the onions.
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F and bake for 2 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked. Enjoy!
Watch the following video for the recipe:
What is your favourite easy meal?