If you are looking for the perfect Fall dessert recipe, we found it! This delicious pumpkin mousse is a great gluten-free option if you are receiving guests during this beautiful Fall season. It can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (more for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Whisk pudding mix, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add in pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, and whole milk. Beat using a hand mixer until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- In another clean large mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold only about two-thirds of the whipped cream into pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Spoon into glasses or serving dishes and top with leftover whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon if you wish. Enjoy!
Note: If you want to add a little crunch, simply crumble a few graham crackers in the bottom of each serving dish.