We are officially at that time of the year when temperatures are dropping and it is really getting chilly outside. We make our homes cozy and warm, but not for everyone! Mice and rats might be trying to get inside to warm up but before getting a cat specifically to scare them away, you should know that there are other methods of repelling them.
Here is an easy DIY that is all-natural and will keep mice and rats away.
- Sachet Bags (Small Gift Bags)
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Whole Cloves
- Chili Flakes
- Star Anise
- First you need to figure out how many bags you will need. Then, get them ready and open them on your working surface.
- Place one tablespoon of each ingredients into the sachet bags.
- Place a cinnamon stick inside each bag, if they are too large you can break them in half.
- Close the bags and tie using the strings.
- Place one bag near every opening of your house. You can also place them in your closet, cupboard or inside the garage.
- Take about a tablespoon of each of the ingredients and place them in each sachet bag. You’ll also want to put a cinnamon stick in each one. If they are small cinnamon sticks use a whole one, if they large you can probably break them in half.
The smell will keep the rodents away and it is a 100% natural solution! Much easier than getting a new pet or using chemicals. And as a bonus, your house will smell like Christmas. If you wish, you can add more cloves as they smell the nicest.
Do you have a mice problem every fall? How do you take care of it?
Source: Totally The Bomb · Photo Credit: Facebook - Ryan McKee