Are you dreaming of a pretty Zen decoration for your garden or terrace? No need to spend a fortune on overpriced decorations at the store. Here is how to make decorative concrete balls in a few easy steps:
- Spherical glass lamps of different sizes (you can find at your local dollar store or thrift store)
- Potting soil or Peat moss
- Oil spray or cooking oil
- Wire brush
- Eye protection
- Large plastic bag
- Put on the household gloves first. Then, mix 1 part of cement with 1 part of peat moss and water. You can also mix a part of cement with a part of potting soil and water. If you want very smooth balls, mix only equal parts of cement and water.
- Stir with a stick to get a smooth mixture that looks like the consistency of a slightly thick cake dough.
- Spray oil in the interior of the glass lamps and pour the cement mixture in it, making sure to fill only the spherical part of the lamp. Do not fill up to the neck, or you won't get pretty spheres. You can also use balloons, but since they are flexible, the shape of the cement balls will not be perfectly spherical.
- Let dry for 2 or 3 days.
- Once it is fully dry, put the balls in a plastic bag, protect your eyes with protective glasses and break the glass by tapping with the side of the hammer head.
- Brush the surface with the metal brush to remove any broken glass and to smooth the surface of the concrete balls.
- Use these concrete balls to decorate the garden, the front yard or any exterior place you want!
What do you think of the final result?