Don't know what to do with old tires? Before getting rid of them, take a look at the DIY idea below! You might be able to complete your interior with a very special stool.
Yes, you read that correctly, you can recover an old tire and make it your new favourite piece of furniture. It requires only a few material and you can watch the steps in the video below, easy!
Here is how to make a lovely stool/ottoman from an old tire.
- Sharpie pen
- Fabric (your favourite pattern)
- Wooden legs (4)
- Foam mat
- Pair of scissors
- Start by making two circles of the same circumference on a plywood board and cut them out.
- Cut 4 small squares pieces of wood to support the wooden legs. Drill the squares in the center. Do the same with the legs.
- Draw two diagonals lines on one of the plywood circles.
- Position the legs at the ends of the diagonals you just draw. Screw the legs using the squares to secure them.
- Position the plywood circle and legs on the tire and drill to secure them together.
- Place a foam mat around of the tire and secure with staples.
- Cut off the excess foam, then staple the piece fabric over it.
- Position a piece of foam on the other plywood circle and staple it.Then cut off the excess.
- Add wadding to the surface of the circle. Wrap the whole thing with another piece of fabric. Secure with staples.
- Gather the two parts together and you will have a beautiful seat!
Follow the steps in the video below.
Do you like DiYs? Will you be trying this one?