Here is a very delicious and fun cupcake recipe : pineapple upside down. Don't worry it is very easy to make! Why not try something different?
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries (topping)
- 1 (can crushed pineapple
- 1 package pineapple cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (dusting)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and move the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Prepare two 12 muffin cups by greasing them with cooking spray.
- Add 1 teaspoon of melted butter in the bottom of each muffin cup and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Add in a cherry in the center of the brown sugar and a tablespoon of crushed pineapple over the cherry. Compact using the back of a spoon.
- Line your work surface using waxed paper.
- Mix the pineapple cake mix with the eggs, pineapple juice and vegetable oil. Use an electric mixer on low speed or a hand-held mixer for about 30 seconds. Then, adjust to medium speed and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the pineapple cake batter in the muffin cups be careful not to overfill.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes at least. Invert the muffin pan on the waxed paper to release the cupcakes. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe!