The onion rings from the drive-thru are truly the best! Which fast food restaurant do you prefer? Have you consider making them at home? With this recipe you will be amazed by how easy and tasty they are!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch seasoned salt (optional)
- 1 quart oil for frying
- You will need a deep-fryer for this recipe. Start by heating the oil 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- While the oil is heating, separate the onion slices into rings, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture, set aside.
- Using the same mixing bowl, whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork.
- Dip the floured onion rings into the batter and coat evenly. Then place them on a wire rack to drain until the batter stops dripping.
- Spread the bread crumbs out on a plate and coat the rings one at a time into the crumbs. Repeat this step with all the rings.
- For better result, you should deep fry only a few rings at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Season with seasoning salt if you wish, and serve. Enjoy!
Watch the steps in the video below.