These chewy oatmeal cookies have fewer than 100 calories per serving! They are full of delicious apple and cinnamon and the best news is that you can enjoy one or more without feeling guilty! They are so soft and will keep their yummy texture for a week if stored in a air tight container, but will they really last that long? Surely not!
- 1 cup (100g) instant oats
- ¾ cup (90g) flour (you can also use whole-wheat)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter, melted (you can also use coconut oil)
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120mL) agave syrup
- 1 cup (125g) finely diced apple (red recommended)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and vanilla. Then add in the agave syrup.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until incorporated. Gently fold in the apple and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Remove and let cool on the pan for around 10 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe in the video below.
What is your favourite fall recipe?