Your children still believe in Santa Claus, but maybe their faith is faltering and you want to stretch this precious time of the holiday magic a bit? Christmas 2020 is already a little clouded due to the pandemic, how about giving the elves a little boost by leaving evidence of Santa Claus passing through your home?
You can do this by making "snow" that will stay in place until the end of the nap on December 24th or until the morning of the 25th! When they wake up, children will be amazed to discover their gifts, of course, but even more so to see the signs of the visit of Santa!
Here is how to add a little magic to your home.
- Glitter or sequins
- Baking soda
- A pair of boots
- A baking sheet large enough to insert the boots
- A spray bottle filled with water
1. Combine the baking soda and glitter on the baking sheet.
2. Spray water lightly on the sole of the boots. (Do not use too much or the baking soda will not dissolve).
3. Press the soles into the mixture to cover them completely.
4. Press firmly the boots on the floor to leave Santa's footsteps!
5. If you have a fireplace, make sure that the traces go from the hearth towards the tree in order to amaze your little ones. Or, you can start from the front door.
Your little ones will be amazed!
What do you think of this idea? Do your kids still believe in Santa Claus?
Source: Little Hiccup · Photo Credit: Facebook