The National Weather Service warns that "potential is increasing for significant icing" in parts of the Mid-Atlantic as a winter storm that hammered the Southeast U.S. The freezing temperatures and snow storms has left over 3 million people without power across the U.S.
If you or someone you know are looking for ways to keep your home warm, here is a very useful tutorial. Did you know that you can make mini heather out of terracotta flower pots?
If you are crafty or have a garden, you probably have all the materials at home!
You will need:
- Flower Pot (Terracotta)
- Mini Light Candles
- Bricks ( you need something to lift the pot up)
- Nuts and Bolts (optional)
- Put the flower pot upside down so the opening is at the bottom.
- Light the candles and put the inside. Make sure the candles are on a levelled surface and they won't burn.
- Put bricks or other material you are using onto the sides of the pot.
- Let burn for few hours and enjoy the heat! Make sure to keep an eye on it at all times.
The clay from the terracotta will absorb the heat from the candles and convert it into space heat. It could reach temperature from 160F to 180F. Make sure to keep an eye on it especially if you have kids and/or pets.
It could be an effective and easy way to stay warm if you do not have electricity.
Here's a video tutorial!
Are you affected by the crazy winter weather?