Everybody that has a Swiffer type sweeper know how convenient and easy they are! However, buying refills can be very expensive and wasteful. We have the perfect solution; a reusable broom cover that is crocheted or knitted! That is really a super economical way to clean floors!
You will only need a little yarn and it is easy to machine-wash! A great gift idea that can be given to a family member or friend!
You can find the free pattern on Fave Crafts
- Yarn (1 ball)
- Crochet Hook: Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8)
- Ch 37.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch across. Turn. 36 sc.
- **2nd row: Ch 1. Working in back loop only of each sc, 1 sc in each sc across. Turn.
- Rep last row until work from beg measures 4 ins [10 cm]. Fasten off.**
Sides (you need to make 2)
- Ch 12.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch across. Turn. 11 sc. Rep from ** to ** as for Main Piece.
- Join Sides to Main Piece: Place 1 Side at each end of Main Piece and pin outer edges tog. With RS facing, join yarn with sl st in any corner. Ch 1. Work 1 row of sc around outer edge (through both thicknesses of Side and Main Piece at each end), working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
- Note: Slip each end around the dusting tool’s base. When one side is soiled, flip the side pockets inside-out and use the opposite side to keep cleaning! The ridge stitch design helps trap dirt.
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Knit inside out
Row 3: Knit inside out
Row 4: Knit
So on for a height of 10.16 cm (4 inches). Then secure the stitches.
Cast on 14 stitches and do the same pattern again. Lock the stitches. Repeat this 2 times. Crochet or stitch together with a needle.
Here is a video tutorial of a crochet pattern. if you are comfortable with the hook, you can easily follow and press pause when needed.
You don't know how to crochet or knit?
Simply put on an orphan fleece sock! It also washes well in the machine! Haha!
What do you think of this idea? Which option looks the most appealing to you?
Source: Youtube - Digital Mobile Post · Photo Credit: Youtube Youtube - Digital Mobile Post