Whether it's because you're paying attention to your calorie intake or simply because you don't have whipping cream on hand, this recipe for whipped cream made with milk will amaze you!
Milk? Yes! You can use whole milk (3.25% mg) to make whipped cream, which is why it is much less fatty and much less caloric than whipping cream which contains 15% or more fat!
- 10 g flavorless gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup 3.25% milk
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Pour the water into a saucepan and add the gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat the pan over low heat, and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour the milk, gelatin mixture, vanilla and powdered sugar, and whisk for 20 seconds to combine the ingredients.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for 90 minutes. But, after 20 minutes, take out the bowl and whisk, then put it back in the fridge.
- Using a hand mixer, whisk the milk until you get the consistency of whipped cream!
The texture of the whipped "cream" will be exactly the same as if you had used 35% cream!
As for the taste, its creator says that it is as good, if not better because it is eaten without guilt because of the few calories!
You can see the preparation in this video.