We all have busy lives and making scrumptious breakfast is not always possible to fit in our schedule. But what if we told you that you can have breakfast ready in the morning by simply prepping the night before? Here is a slow cooker recipe for french toast that is absolutely amazing and incredibly easy! You can even use your old bread!
- About 10 slices of bread (whichever you have on hand)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (you can also use orange zest)
1. Prepare a 6-quart slow cooker by greasing with butter or spray oil. Fill with bread.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients beginning with eggs.
3. Pour the egg mixture over bread making sure all pieces are saturated.
4. Cover with dishtowel before closing with the lid.
5. Cook on high for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
Watch the video below.
You can serve this delicious slow cooker french bread with maple syrup, powdered sugar or your favourite toppings!
What is your favourite breakfast food?