- 1 pound fresh strawberries (chopped)
- 1 pound fresh blackberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups dry red wine (your favourite)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
Combine all the ingredients (except the salt) in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat. Cook and stir until the fruits are soft and the sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. You can now remove ginger slices.
Transfer wine mixture to a blender in small batches. Blend until smooth and transfer the mixture to a 13x9-inch pan. Cover and freeze overnight.
When you are ready to enjoy, scoop the wine sorbet in your favourite glasses. Top with whipped cream and enjoy! You can also sprinkle with black pepper or cinnamon for a little spicy kick.
Will you try this tempting recipe?