A good way to reduce the amount of chemicals in our homes is to make our own cleaning products that we need to clean the house. Several recipes for washing, removing a stain, dusting and even disinfecting the house are already published on the website of Tips and Crafts. But today it is a recipe to make your own dishwasher tablets, that we present to you. They smell very good, and you will save money at the end of the month!
Would you like to reduce the use of chemicals in your house?
You will need:
- Ice cube tray
- 60 g (1/4 cup) of baking soda
- 60 g (1/4 cup) of soda crystals (in pharmacies, supermarkets)
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Borax (Walmart, pharmacies, supermarkets)
- 60 b (1/4 cup) citric acid (Walmart, pharmacies, supermarkets)
- 60 g (1/4 cup) of Kosher salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of water
- 15 drops of lemon essential oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
How to do:
1) In a large bowl add the baking soda, the soda crystals, the Borax, the salt, the essential oils and mix. Mix well, making sure that the oils are well distributed in the dough to perfume evenly.
2) Add the water 1 tsp at once and start kneading the dough to form small balls of dough. Continue to add water and knead the dough until you can form a kind of snowball, but do not add too much water, otherwise your tabs will never dry completely.
3) Once you have the right consistency, press the dough into the ice cube tray to remove air bubbles from the dough and let dry for 12 to 24 hours.
4) Gently remove tabs from the ice cube tray.
5) And place the tablets in an airtight container. It is important to keep the dishwasher tablets dry so they do not crumble.