There are a million muffin recipes online, but sometimes the simplest one is usually the best! This delicious blueberry muffin recipe is moist and fluffy and requires one special ingredient: sour cream!
Your family will always ask you to make these! Consider yourself warned! :)
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (white)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F/200°C and prepare two muffin tin by greasing or lining with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and and slowly add sugar (granulated and brown). Continue beating until you achieve a smooth consistency. Next slowly add oil and vanilla, continue to mix until well blended.
- In another large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture and sour cream to the egg mixture. Make sure to alternate between the two and do not over mix.
- Fold in blueberries into the mixture without over mixing.
- Fill muffins cups about 3/4 and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy!
What is your favourite muffin flavour?