Texture is a really important part of a dish or food in general. That is why many people stay away from canned food, they don't like mushy texture! However, this delicious canned apples recipe will never but mushy but rather crispy with the delicious taste of fresh ripe apple.
- Apples in 5 cup increments (5, 10, 15, etc.)
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) sugar per 5 cups of apples
- Wash and peel the apples well Remove the hearts and cut into quarters or thin slices.
- Spread the sliced apples on bottom of a 5 gallon bucket or a large pot.
- Start with 5 cups of apples and sprinkle with 3/4 cups of sugar.
- Repeat in 5 cup increments until you run out of apple.
- Cover your apples with a plate and something heavy (a weight) to get their juices out.
- Cover the container and let sit for 12 to 24 hours.
- Place the apples in sterilized Mason jars.
- Transfer the juice to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot juice into each of the Mason jars, leaving a 1/2 inch spacing.
- Seal the jar.
- Boil the water and submerge your jars for 20 minutes to complete the canning! Enjoy delicious apples!
What is your favourite kind of apple?