It is finally a little cooler outside and that means that we can go back to baking! This delicious dessert recipe is perfect for fall and will certainly please your whole family or guests...and yourself of course! Serve with vanilla ice cream for extra indulgence.
- 2 apples (halved)
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 12-16 caramel candies
- 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (melted)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, for serving)
- Start by preheating oven to 375.
- Core the apples using a melon baller or a spoon.
- Place the apples in a shallow baking dish and brush each with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Pour water into the baking dish and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove apples from oven and add a few (3 to 4) caramels candies to the well in each apple. Return to bake for 15 more minutes.
- Drizzle with chocolate, sprinkle cinnamon sugar, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below.