Let's be honest - is there something better than chocolate chip cookies? Especially when they are still warm fresh of the oven? It's sounds almost impossible, but there is a way to make these delicious little treats even better!
Averie Cooks shared her take on the classic chocolate chip cookies, she adds cream cheese to make them even more yummy!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened (regular - don't use fat-free)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (your favourite brand)
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl (if you have a stand mixer even better!) Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is well-creamed, light and fluffy for about 5 minutes. If you are using an electric hand mixer you might need to beat for a few more minutes.
- Add in the flour cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined for about 1 minute. Don't forget to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl!
- Add chocolate chips and chunks, and beat to incorporate, or you can even fold in by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, or an ice-cream scoop, form heaping mounds. You should be able to make around 28 cookies. Place them on a large plate and gently flatten them using your palm. Then, cover with a plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigeration for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a baking mat or spray with cooking spray and place the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set. Do not bake longer than 10 minutes as cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing or transferring to a rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
To see more delicious recipe, visit her page!