Sometimes you follow the directions of a recipe and yet the cooking is not what it should be ?
There is nothing more annoying when you like to cook ! But it may not be your fault. It may be the oven of your stove that is poorly calibrated.
Did you know that an oven can have a wrong calibration up to 37 ° C (100 ° F) difference ? It's huge when you cook a dish !
Fortunately, it is possible to easily calibrate the temperature of a gas or electric stove. We explain you all the methods right here and you can watch a short video to better understand all these explanations.
Do you think someone needs these explanations ? Share the article to help this person.
For a gas or electric stove with control knobs :
1) Get a oven temperature gauge from a hardware store or a department store for about $ 10 and put it in an oven set at 177 ° C (350 ° F).
2) Wait at least 15 minutes for the oven to warm up.
3) Take the oven temperature gauge out of the oven to see how much your oven is heating up.
4) If the temperature is not 177 ° C (350 ° F), you can unscrew the 2 screws behind the temperature control knob, on the stove, to adjust the " higher " or " lower " temparature, in the center of this knob.
5) Screw in the 2 screws, put the knob back in place, put the oven temperature gauge back in the oven, wait 15 minutes and this time, see the temperature of the oven.
6) You may need some small adjustments before the oven reaches the correct temperature : 177 ° C ( 350 ° F ) .
For a gas or electric stove with digital control panel :
1) The beginning is the same as for the gas stove. Preheat the oven to 177 ° C (350 ° F), wait 15 minutes for the oven to be warm, take the temperature to see how much the oven is heating.
2) Instructions for calibrating your device can be found in your owners manual. Or do as the lady of the video and make some search on the Internet: How to calibrate the temperature of your stove + the brand + the model, or the serial number.
3) For a GE (General Electric) oven, press the 2 buttons"Boil"and"Bake"at the same time, until you see the letters"SF"appear.
4) Then press the button"Bake"again and two zero"00"wills show up.
5) Then use the "down"or"up" arrowsto increase or decrease the temperature to 177 ° C (350 ° F), then save.
See all the explanations in this video :
Do you think this information could help someone? Share this article to help this person.