Even if your house is clean, sometimes there is still a bad smell laying around. It is because bad smells easily get stuck in textiles like curtains, carpets, sofas and cushions. Tobacco, cooking food or even odours from pets get into the textiles and can be quite difficult to remove as they can't just be washed in the laundry machine. To really make your house smell good you need to get rid of the unpleasant smell rather than just masking it. You can buy products at the store like Febreze but those can get pricey and contains a lot of chemicals. You could also make this DIY Febreze "recipe" that is natural but just as effective as the store bought stuff! And it's really easy too.
- 250 ml of hot distilled water
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- An empty spray bottle
1. Start by heat the distilled water in a medium pan (this step will help dissolve the baking soda quickly).
2. Add the baking sod and dissolve in the water.
3. Pour the liquid into the empty spray bottle.
4. Add the 20 drops of lavender essential oil, close the bottle and shake to combine everything together.
You can use this spray on non-washable fabrics to to eliminate bad odours. This homemade Febreze is effective on all household textiles but you can also use it on the car seats, plush toys or even your mattresses!
Will you be trying this DIY next time you are cleaning? Or do you prefer the store-bought version? It's worth a try!
Source: guide astuces · Photo Credit: Adobe Stock