If you are worried about all the chemicals in your cleaning products, and especially dish soap, why not make your own natural products? Nature gave us all we need! Organic and chemical-free products can cost a fortune at the store, but this DIY will cost you almost nothing. All you need is horse chestnuts also called conkers!
Here is how to make your own dish soap using chestnuts.
- 2 L of hot boiling water
- 10 horse chestnuts
- a blender
- a cloth bag
- a glass jar
- a bottle
- a colander
- Start by washing the chestnuts and dry them.
- Using a blender, blend the nuts until you achieve a powder consistency.
- Put the powdered chestnuts into a jar and pour boiling water over it.
- Let sit for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Filter the mixture using a colander.
- Pour the filtered liquid into a bottle.
All you have to do is pour a little chestnut mixture on a sponge and do the dishes as you normally would. It will clean and degreases all the stains! And the best part; no more chemicals! You can also use it to clean other surfaces such as bathrooms and floors.
This mixture really works because chestnuts naturally contain saponins are a good natural degreasant. You can keep it for several weeks, so do not worry about making a big batch at once.
Have you heard about this trick before? Will you try it?