This can happen to every women: buy a new snow-white bra, wear it a few times, then see it's yellowed or stained... It's because of deodorant, sweat or a poor quality of clothing fiber ...
You can always choose an ivory color, but if you prefer classic white, there are solutions!
Fortunately, you can quickly restore white underwear and t-shirts!
Here is a quick recipe:
8 cups (2 liters) hot water
3 tablespoons (45 g) baking soda
2 tablespoons (30 g) salt
1 tablespoon (10 ml) detergent
How to do:
1. Dissolve salt, soda and detergent in the water
2. Soak the bra from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
3. Wash with your hands, rubbing the stains as gently as possible.
4. Rinse with clear water and let it dry
Important: Don't let light clothes dry on the radiator. This may cause yellow stains that are difficult to get rid of.
Here is the standard recipe:
26 cups (6 liters) of hot water
6 tablespoons (90g) of soda
2 tablespoons (30 ml) of hydrogen peroxide
2 tablespoons (30 g) ammonia
How to do:
1. Wear rubber gloves.
2. Dissolve all ingredients in the water making sure to mix them well.
3. Soak the bra (or T-shirts and panties) for three hours.
4. Wash with your hands
5. Rinse and let dry
Important: With this solution, it's safer to proceed in a well-ventilated area and open the window. Don't inhale vapors.
Some tips to prevent your white bra from turning yellow or stained:
- Do not wear it under dark clothes.
- Store white clothes separately from colored clothes.
- Wait until your deodorant is absorbed before wearing your bra.
- Use a detergent for white clothes.
- Do not wash your underwear with hot water: they could become gray
- Hand wash is better than machine wash.
Now you know how to restore and keep your white underwear and T-shirts!
After reading this, what is your opinion on this project ? Please let us know in the comments section !
If you enjoyed this project, let your friends also enjoy this awesome article by sharing it on your Facebook timeline.
Source: Fabiosa · Photo Credit: Fotolia